Shows & promotion

Moderator: sal

sal

Shows & promotion

#1 Post by sal » Mon Sep 02, 2019 11:45 am

We're still moving forward with promotion of the new SageSport. We worked the ICAST show in Orlando last month. the show was very promising. We learned that Rob White's hull is truly superb. We also learned that it lends itself to a variety of models, should we go that route. Some wanted platforms instead of seats for standing and casting, mostly for fly fishing. We learned that some prefer backs to the seats.

We worked the paddle Sports show in Oklahoma city last week and also had good response. Again, good info. We're planning on making a version with a center seat with a back and controls for steering, speed and lifting a Torqueedo electric motor. Torqueedo has such a set up at the show on the salesman's (Jeff) personal boat. Really looked like a fun set-up

We just shipped two boats to Kauai for testing in big water. We have an expert in sailing, kayaks and canoes that will be helping us with the research.

My question to you would be; what mods would you like to see on a SageSport?

sal

dreamer

Re: Shows & promotion

#2 Post by dreamer » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:00 am

A center seat with controls would be great. I have a bad back and neck, and spending a day tiller steering would be painful. Not sure I would want that with the Torqueedo however. I think I’d prefer a small traditional outboard.

I’m near coastal Georgia, and I’d like to be able to camp for several days. I also go home to NC and surf some of the uninhabited barrier islands on occasion.

sal

Re: Shows & promotion

#3 Post by sal » Sun Sep 08, 2019 5:09 pm

We showed the SageSport at the Icast show in Orlando and the Paddles port show in Oklahoma City. Reaction was very good.

sal