Happy day at Sage Marine and for a Sage 17 owner

Discuss Jerry Montgomery designed pocket cruiser SAGE 17

Moderator: sal

scoob

Happy day at Sage Marine and for a Sage 17 owner

#1 Post by scoob » Thu Apr 20, 2017 12:37 pm

We at Sage Marine are proud to provide Steve and Pat their new boat. They are now headed home, Arizona, with their Sage 17!
owners.jpg
owners.jpg (127.14 KiB) Viewed 7127 times
rolling.jpg
rolling.jpg (253.97 KiB) Viewed 7127 times

Chuck

Re: Happy day at Sage Marine and for a Sage 17 owner

#2 Post by Chuck » Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:58 pm

My wife and I had a Catalina 27 many years ago. We have been thinking about buying a pocket sailboat and I really like the Sage 17. I see you live in Arizona. We live in Kingman AZ and wish to sail Lake Havasu, Mohave, Mead, Powell,
Chatfield in Colorado, and lakes near St George Utah.

Are you really happy with your Sage 17? Any tips on options?

I have been retired for years and my wife retired a year ago from teaching.

We went to Lake Havasu for lunch yesterday and did not see one sail boat. We did see lots of large power boats
with long hulls and loud engines. We also saw lots of pontoon boats. I have no desire to go blasting from point A to Z in a boat so loud you need ear protection.
The wind was about 18 knots and that would have been perfect sailing fun.

Our son lives in Colorado and we were thinking about buying a Sage 17 and taking it to Chatfield resavoir for a shakedown cruise with our son who lives in Littleton, CO.

Then we would trailer down to Kingman, AZ. I have garage space for it in an out building.

Anyway, would appreciate any stories and tips about the sage 17.

Almost forgot, do you think a roller furling jib and tiller clutch is the way to go?

By the way I grew up in Kingman, AZ and came back to retire after working in communications around the world for 40 years. We have lived back in Kingman for 15 years now and just could not put my finger on what was missing in our lives with lots of toys. Then one day I watched a pocket sailing race on the internet and wow it dawned on me that is it, I just plain missed sailing.
I miss the peace and relaxation of sailing and accompanied by some white knuckle experiences as well. However, what I miss most is the comradery and friendship of fellow sailors. :) Yes, I miss the sailing family out there.