Sage magnet.

Discuss the Jerry Montgomery designed pocket cruiser SAGE 15 (sloop) and SageCat (catboat version of the Sage 15)

Moderator: sal

noel

Sage magnet.

Postby noel » Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:45 am

The Sage 15 attracts people. On the road home from Golden at rest stops. Locally a number of people. Two have followed me into the marina. Both of those people are more than casually interested in the Sage. A few comments while sitting at the ramp dock about the pretty “Montgomery”(it’s a Sage, designed by Jerry) and how easy it was for a person to single-handed launch the “Montgomery”(repeat: it’s a Sage...).

RickCA

Re: Sage magnet.

Postby RickCA » Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:14 am

Yes, I'm finding exactly the same thing at my little local reservoir! Takes me twice as long to rig as it should because people keep coming up to me to talk about or comment on the boat. I'm going up to Huntington Lake in the Sierras this weekend which is known for excellent sailing and I'm expecting even more attention with a lot of other sailors around!

Stephen

Postby Stephen » Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:39 pm

I get the same experiences with our Sage 17 down here in AZ, (which I also rig and launch single handed most of the time)....the boat, not the State. :)

sal

Postby sal » Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:13 pm

Hi Stephen,

Welcome to our forum.

Hope you are enjoying sailing your Sage as much as we do?

sal

Return to “Sage 15 & SageCat”