Please save Sage Marine Blog...

The latest about Sage Marine

Moderator: sal

RickCA

Please save Sage Marine Blog...

#1 Post by RickCA » Sat Nov 17, 2018 10:24 am

Have seen the announcement about the Sage Marine Blog closing... I understand why this might be desired if it's no longer being maintained but I think it would be a shame to lose all the great history and content that is contained there. Are you aware of the ability to convert a blog into a pdf? See https://help.edublogs.org/blog-to-book/ for one approach. Having a pdf would At least provide the history of Sage Marine for about the 4 years that it was a very active resource for current and prospective owners. As a proud owner I would really like to have a copy of that history and feel that without it my boat and experience just isn't quite the same.

Thanks for considering this.

Rick
Sage 15 sloop "Allegro"

Dale

Re: Please save Sage Marine Blog...

#2 Post by Dale » Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:45 am

I couldn’t agree more Rick, I’ll be following.

TazKristi

#3 Post by TazKristi » Sun Nov 25, 2018 3:38 pm

Hi, RickCA and Dale:
I am actively working on a way to save the posts from the blog. We'll post when something is available.

Thanks much for sharing your feedback!

Kristi

noel

#4 Post by noel » Mon Apr 22, 2019 1:37 pm

Status?
Scobie at his WordPress page has been archiving a few of the blogs.
Setting up a page on the SageMarine website as an “owner’s manual, how to do” section would be nice. Topics and questions that have been posted here in the past that were linked to answers on the old blog plus other useful info would be appreciated. Such as the March ‘15, “Spring Commissioning - rudder and tiller” blog. A page covering the history and development blogs of the the Sage sailboats would be nice for all. People interested in the boats and owners.

sal

#5 Post by sal » Mon Apr 29, 2019 7:52 pm

Hi Noel,

We'll discuss this in our upcoming Strategic planning meeting.

sal