Favorite Places to Sail

Talk all things pocket cruiser.

Moderator: sal

Proof

Favorite Places to Sail

#1 Post by Proof » Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:43 am

Hey, I didn't see a thread on this topic, but was curious where everyone's favorite place to sail is? I grew up around the water, but haven't been on a boat in quite some time due to location and lack of funds and general life getting in the way. I have recently been thinking about getting back into it though and was wondering where some great sights were?

scoob

#2 Post by scoob » Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:18 pm

my number one are my home waters of Puget Sound, San Juan and Gulf Islands.

i have come to really enjoy Lake Havasu and Lake Pleasant, AZ, in January and February.

on my 'bucket list' are to sail 'nor'east' in Maine and also 'do' the Northwest Passage from WA to AK.

though with this job i go and sail lots of places ... and nothing is better than just being out on the water :cool:
--
:: Dave Scobie
::
::
:: my boat's www-site - http://www.m17-375.webs.com

Proof

#3 Post by Proof » Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:19 pm

I love the Puget Sound area. Have you ever considered making a documentary about the things you see on the water? I know the Puget Sound area has some sights to see, especially when the Orcas are moving thru, but it would be cool to see the journey from WA to AK.

papalou44

#4 Post by papalou44 » Fri Jul 08, 2016 3:50 pm

Proof wrote:I love the Puget Sound area. Have you ever considered making a documentary about the things you see on the water? I know the Puget Sound area has some sights to see, especially when the Orcas are moving thru, but it would be cool to see the journey from WA to AK.
San Juan Islands for boating=> http://www.pacificnwboater.com/channels ... ing-guides

noel

#5 Post by noel » Sat Aug 20, 2016 8:49 am

Sailing experience is limited to Lake Superior in 420s and Lazers plus one day crewing on a race boat. Have windsurfed off the shores HI to the Red Sea. Based on those experiences my favorite sailing location would be my "front yard". Western Lake Superior. The waters surrounding the Apostle Is.