Cruiser Challenge 2014 - 18/19/20 July

Announce and discuss pocket cruiser events, boat shows, get togethers and small boat happenings.

Moderator: sal

ndorf

Cruiser Challenge 2014 - 18/19/20 July

Postby ndorf » Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:45 pm

Hi Sal,

I'm planning to be there this year...most likely arriving on Thursday. I'm trying to convince my better half to come join me but she doesn't want to be out on the water all day racing and is afraid of being bored hanging out on shore. Taking two cars not an option. Trying to think of logistics whereby she can ride out with me Thursday, and then maybe put her on a train back to Sacramento on Friday. But that would be a round trip from Monterey to San Jose to do that, killing 1/2 a day.

Both of us got out to the Delta to sail with a couple of Potter Yachter friends on Sunday (Rained like crazy Saturday.) Picture attached. Some wind to move us along but it died about 3pm.

More repairs. Every time I fix something, there's something else. This time I lost a sail stopper. The round brass nut to hold sail slugs from sliding out.It fell out...I don't know where. Also had a "Doh" moment at the ramp. Just barely clipped a tree with the mast, taking out my windex. Could have been worse. Maybe I should just install a mast gate.

Take Care,

Neil
The attachment TwoCan Delta Sail.jpg is no longer available

sal wrote:Hi Neil,

Glad to hear your have TwoCan on line to get wet. It doesn't look like we'll hve a S15 proto in the water by Monterey, but we're planning to bring something to Annapolis in October. We're starting to shift stuff around the shop for the new spray booth. Are you planning to sail Monterey? Look forward to seeing you and Becky.

We're traveling right now (business). planning to be home on the 31st. Have fun on your 29th sail.

sal
Attachments
TwoCan Delta Sail.jpg

scoob

Postby scoob » Thu Apr 03, 2014 4:03 pm

ndorf wrote:This time I lost a sail stopper. The round brass nut to hold sail slugs from sliding out.It

Neil:

Tom L. (aka, Mr. Mastgate) has a new sail stop design called 'quick release track-stop' -

http://mastgates.com/Home_Page.html#Quick_Release

looks to have much better function than the 'brass knob' type.

glad to see you out sailing ... this is current sailing weather in Golden -

The attachment spring sailing in golden.jpg is no longer available

(click image for larger version)

don't feel bad about the tree ... at Cruiser Challenge 2012 i 'pruned' a tree in the parking lot.
Attachments
spring sailing in golden.jpg
--
:: Dave Scobie
:: Sage Marine Sales and Promotion

:: “Integrity is being good, even if no one is watching”™
::
:: my boat's www-site - http://www.m17-375.webs.com

ndorf

The Ninth Gate...

Postby ndorf » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:15 pm

Well, it was only my third.

I went to that site you recommended. Nifty options there. Thanks!

scoob wrote:Neil:

Tom L. (aka, Mr. Mastgate) has a new sail stop design called 'quick release track-stop' -

http://mastgates.com/Home_Page.html#Quick_Release

looks to have much better function than the 'brass knob' type.

glad to see you out sailing ... this is current sailing weather in Golden -

[ATTACH=CONFIG]504[/ATTACH]
(click image for larger version)

don't feel bad about the tree ... at Cruiser Challenge 2012 i 'pruned' a tree in the parking lot.

Sea Sprite

Postby Sea Sprite » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:19 pm

Glad to hear we'll see you at CC this year Neil! I plan to go but I will be in full cruise mode this year. Plan to sail down again and see if I can improve my time across the bay! (using that big bright green thing) ;) Looking forward to seeing everybody there! :)

ndorf

Santa Cruz or Moss Landing

Postby ndorf » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:07 pm

Thanks Bernard

Where are you launching from?

Sea Sprite wrote:Glad to hear we'll see you at CC this year Neil! I plan to go but I will be in full cruise mode this year. Plan to sail down again and see if I can improve my time across the bay! (using that big bright green thing) ;) Looking forward to seeing everybody there! :)

ndorf

Postby ndorf » Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:10 pm

What Big Bright Greeen Thing? Are you sailing Justus instead of Sea Sprite?

LOL Just kidding Sal. :D

Sea Sprite

Postby Sea Sprite » Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:28 pm

bright green thing on the left... :)
http://wrinkleboat.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=188896883

...only known picture, taken at a secret testing ground or, er, water...

Plan to launch from uphill in S.C. Last time was @ 6 hours, I need to check the log.

Return to “Events and Rendezvous”