Bow Navigation Light Bracket

Discuss Jerry Montgomery designed pocket cruiser SAGE 17

Moderator: sal

Henry

Bow Navigation Light Bracket

#1 Post by Henry » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:20 pm

Hi Sal and Scoob,

I notice that the bi-color navigation light on the Sage 17 is mounted to the bow pulpit. This is the same set up I have on my VN23 Chiquita using the AquaSignal Series 25 light and their rail mount bracket. I would like to move the bow light from the deck to the pulpit rail on my older M17 Monita as well but the rail mount bracket is no longer made or available. Do you make your own or do you have a source for a rail mount bracket for a bi-color light?

Henry

scoob

#2 Post by scoob » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:45 pm

Henry.

Aqua signal discontinued the bracket. We modify a stainless steel bracket and have it welded to the bow pulpits for Sage 17s with navigation lights. II will take some up close photos and post them here. Give me a couple of days as I'm currently on the road on the way to Florida. Once I get to the St Petersburg Boat Show I'll have full Internet access and will be able to upload photos.
--
:: Dave Scobie
::
:: my boat's www-site - http://www.m17-375.webs.com

Henry

#3 Post by Henry » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:42 pm

scoob wrote:Henry.

Aqua signal discontinued the bracket. We modify a stainless steel bracket and have it welded to the bow pulpits for Sage 17s with navigation lights. II will take some up close photos and post them here. Give me a couple of days as I'm currently on the road on the way to Florida. Once I get to the St Petersburg Boat Show I'll have full Internet access and will be able to upload photos.
OK, thanks! Have a safe trip. I'm following your travels on Facebook.

sal

#4 Post by sal » Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:39 pm

Hi Henry,

Welcome to our forum.

sal

scoob

#5 Post by scoob » Mon Jan 11, 2016 5:35 pm

here are pictures of a AquaSignal (AQ) series 25 bow light mounted using a modified series 25 deck mount - (click images for larger versions.)
bow light back.jpg
bow light back.jpg

an AQ series 25 deck mount is cut and then welded 'upside down' onto the bow pulpit; this being the only alternative now that AQ discontinued the rail mount for the series 25 lights.
Attachments
bow light front.jpg
--
:: Dave Scobie
:: my boat's www-site - http://www.m17-375.webs.com

johnM17

bow light without welding

#6 Post by johnM17 » Sat Jan 16, 2016 4:19 pm

I also removed deck mounted bow light and had same dilemma.
Removed mine to add a bow plate; see Trailer Sailor, Monty forums, June 6, 2015.
Dave’s solution is nice, if you weld, or can find someone you trust welding your bow rail.
No weld solution uses $95 Aqua Signal bow light and $88 series 40 bow rail bracket.
Yes the W Marine prices are crazy.
If you prefer less cost Series 25 light, you can just buy the bracket, remove the tailpiece, and make a mounting plate from a scrap piece of 20 gauge ss.
I made one with chimp tools: hammer, steel rod, piece of wood with grove carved into it, couple of C clamps.
Photos will enable you to visualize assembly.
I drilled up thru the left rear pulpit base flange for a wire (this from the v-berth). That was easy. Haven't drilled the bow rail yet.
I haven’t yet bought the $88 bracket, because I’m also considering a portable LED unit.
Sorry for slow reply.
Attachments
bowmount2.JPG
bowmount1.jpg

sal

#7 Post by sal » Mon Jan 18, 2016 7:07 am

Hi John,

Welcome to our forum.

sal