hummmmmmmmmmmmm

A hypothetical boat design that Jerry is 'playing with'.
catsailor

I live here in the DC area

Postby catsailor » Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:03 pm

And right now RGIII knee is engulfing the news cycle Jerry so get with the times.

so how about a 21 ft Tri and why don't u guys get ahold of my pal Ian Farrier and become an authorized builder for his new 21 footer. Do you need me to link you to his site and development progress. Surely u have had a brewsky or two in So Cal with Ian when he was doing his thing at Corsair.

sal

Postby sal » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:15 pm

4CE wrote:Was this not an exercise in futility....a distraction...he scoob doing? Beats the boogers out of me...

Dumber still was my commenting at all about a 21....you makes me wonder

Wheres the continuity....leadership...whos driving the ship

Hi 4CE,

Sorry for your disappointment, though I'm not sure I understand your confusion. As far as "who's driving the ship", I guess final responsibility rests with me, though the entire operation is a team effort and we operate as a team. Everyone in the team is involved in decisions regarding the products, the company and it's directions.

When we began the operation in the Spring of '09, we formulated a business plan. Jerry designed the boat after much discussion with Gail and I as well as surveys done with his customers that owned previous boats of his designs. Once the design was completed, a plug was made, molds made from the plugs and a prototype hull was built and shown at the Annapolis Boat show in Oct of 2010. The prototype was introduced at the Havasu pocket Cruiser Convention in Feb 2011.

A factory was set up and the molds were moved from Sacramenbto to Colorado. Gail and I personally hauled the molds, through a snow storm. We hired staff, set up a website, with a forum. We began production and sea trials were done in the form of a 2 week cruise in the Pacific Northwest in June of 2011. We made a few modifications to the boat as a result of the test. We began delivering boats the beginning of the following year. One boat was two weeks late, but all others have been delivered on time on budget with customers pleased with their boat and the company dealings.

I don't know what you know about business, but that type of accomplishment takes a great deal of focus and persistence. Little time was wasted or lost.

Now we're beginning to develop a 15 footer, for which discussion began in 2011. Jerry has completed the design and we're refining the CAD programs to create a plug. We'll continue this process with the same focus and dedication as we did the S17.

As far as Jerry's design for a 21 footer; This for discussion. It is after all a forum, one where Jerry can freely discuss his ideas. Jerry has had the thought to create and market designs and plans in his retirement. These types of discussions are not only enjoyable for some in which to participate, they help Jerry learn what his potential customers would like. As Dave mentioned, ideas are sometimes presented that can influence what we're doing.
Certainly the discussion of the S15 encouraged us to bring the SageCat more to the forefront. This was the result of input from suggestions made on this forum.

I don't think that your post regarding the 21 was an excercise in futility. I'm not Jerrry, but in the realm of theoretical, we all can have opinions. I will add mine to your thoughts. I think it would be a loss for you to "move on" as you stated. We would prefer that you engage, assuming you have interest. Your participation in this forum has been appreciated and listened to as everyone else here.

sal

sal

Postby sal » Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:36 pm

catsailor wrote: so how about a 21 ft Tri and why don't u guys get ahold of my pal Ian Farrier and become an authorized builder for his new 21 footer. Do you need me to link you to his site and development progress. Surely u have had a brewsky or two in So Cal with Ian when he was doing his thing at Corsair.

Hi Catsailor,

I've met Ian and followed his designs since he was selling plans from Australia (long before Corsair). His 21 is a very nice design. I'm sure Dick Newick could also create a very nice 20'-21' Trimaran. Richard Woods is now in the US and has some nice trailerable designs. Chris Ostlind also has a nice trailerable Cat design that is interesting. As with Jerry's 21 design, discussion is fun. The difference is that Jerry has a customer that has hired him to create this 21' version of the S17, so paying customers do have first priorities.

As mentioned, other than interesting discussion, our focus as this time is the S15.

sal

catsailor

Ur bring tears to my eyes with all those names

Postby catsailor » Wed Jan 09, 2013 4:05 pm

U will note that there not alot of young guns like Scoob, Gail and you to bear the torches of these designs in production trailerbable multi's anymore. I bet if you get Jerry drunk some night he will figure out a way to lose the keel on that 17 and add outriggers and viola a Tri Sage is born.

Like u said its a MESSAGE BOARD and we can get a bit carried away with our wants and desirees. Hey how about that design on SageCat with a windsurfer rig and outriggers since the paper is still FRESH and the booze is still not past expiration date.

Return to “21' Jerry Montgomery Design”